There is something about the word "influence" that connects to me. I find it sexy and very mysterious, which I imagine is an odd way to describe a word. While brainstorming ideas for our anniversary month, I realized I was dying to know, "What makes a woman influential?" To answer this question, we invited the inspiring everyday women we interviewed this past year to share their thoughts.
A huge hug to all the ladies who participated. Thank you for inspiring us once again.
While I'm still discovering what "influential" means to me, I find beauty in each of the answers below. What do YOU think?...
What makes a woman influential?
2. “A woman is influential when she talks about her experiences as a way to teach and help others.” – Sandra Taylor
3. “What makes a woman influential is her ability to balance her heart and mind. It is her ability to stand in her truth, even if she alone. Her ability to love, even when it is difficult. Her ability to learn, even when there isn't time. A woman is influential when she pushes herself to grow.” – Audre Gifford
4. “I think influencers are often people who don't intentionally aim to influence but rather, they influence by default because they are confident and true to themselves and others. This type of authenticity creates an energy that touches others.” – Thi Linh Wernau
"I couldn’t care less about accolades, titles and awards – what I want is authenticity.” – Kristine Sperling
5. “I believe that what makes a woman influential is her character and kindness. Her example of how she interacts with the cashier at the grocery store or the person sitting next to her on the bus can be revealing and impactful.” – Liz Meyer
6. “To me a woman who is influential is one who inspires hope and greatness in others so that the world will be a better place.” – Marta Berry
7. “Women who are influential are those who are kind and open-hearted, who generously share their knowledge, their access, their friends and their connections. It’s women who open their homes to your family and who welcome you in. These are the most successful women to me because they are comfortable in their own skin and they are the ones I admire the most and this is the type of woman I strive to be. I couldn’t care less about accolades, titles and awards – what I want is authenticity.” – Kristine Sperling
8. “I think having a thought or idea to do something, and having the courage to act on it!” – Mary Miller
9. “Men may believe that power, money and strength lead to influence. But the women I know are influential in a more nurturing manner (support, thoughtfulness, awareness and presence), which may in reality, make them more influential than many men.” – Kristine Konrad
"Her ability to love, even when it is difficult. Her ability to learn, even when there isn't time." - Audre Gifford
11. “A woman is influential when she lives to make each moment count. How could you not influence every person around you when you are filled with the right stuff?” – Michelle Wulfestieg
12. “Confidence and Courage! There is nothing more inspiring than jumping out of your comfort zone and having the confidence to pursue dreams. "Someday" needs to be TODAY and when I see women making their dreams a reality no matter how difficult the path may be or all the no's they may hear, that right there is influential. We all need to have the mentality, if she can do it, so can I.” - Carly Mazur
13. “A positive spirit and one that encourages others.” – Venita Walker